Sunday, October 7, 2007

New Camera does New Tricks

Last month I was on the punch out of a project and the camera I was using just died! If you've ever done a punch list, or at least the way I do punch lists, you must have a camera. Well, we were able to use our cell phones to take pictures for the rest of the day, but later I went to Best Buy and got a new camera... the Canon PowerShot SD870 IS.

This camera is fantastic. It has a wide angle (28mm) lens plus a lot of other really interesting features. One that I've been playing around basically takes a specified color and makes everything else go black and white. Here's a few of these to show you what I'm talking about.



This photo keys on the color of the green astro turf around the targets.



This photo keys on the red wall at the top of the stair. I really like this picture. The composition was all by chance but I've named this one "Jesus the Painter".

The camera also has the ability to swap colors. This photo shows taking the color of the red brick and replacing the blue of the sky.



(c)2007 - architects r cool

No comments: