Friday, September 28, 2007

So you think you want to be an architect.

Ever since I was about 10 years old I wanted to be an architect. From the 4th grade I was drawing up house plans. I had my first job at an architects office when I was in the 7th grade. Granted it was only for a week, but I learned more about the profession and I made enough money that I purchased my first Mayline 36" parallel bar!

Throughout high school I continued to dream up new things and draw them. In 1978 I started architecture school at Georgia Tech and did quite well in my design classes.

I've now been working full time in the field for 25 years and I continue to wonder why didn't I listen to people when they said: "Are you sure you want to be an architect?" Granted these were other architects trying to warn me about the profession that they also chose for themselves.

So if you're reading this blog because you or someone you know is considering becoming an architect, I hope that I can help you make the right choice for your life. There's lots of pros and cons to this career so stay tuned... and please, if you have any comments, post them.

Welcome,

Craig

No comments: